LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fasting Insulin Test & Semen Analysis Results

So, on Tuesday 6th of Nov, the clinic's lab called me to inform that my Fasting Insulin Test result is out. She said that my insulin level is quite high at 14. I asked her what's the normal, and she said 11. OK. Quite high huh? And then she asked me to get Metformin XR (XR stands for extended release), 500mg, once a day. Another name for it is Glucophage XR. OK. That sounds about right. And I assumed this instruction came from Dr. Prashant himself. I read so much about Metformin. There are 2 types. 1, Metformin. 2, Metformin XR. The difference is that Metformin XR has been reported to cause less side effects as compared to the regular Metformin. So, OK. Sounds good. This doctor really know what he's doing. hehe. Then I asked about Jaffa's Semen Analysis results, and she said I need to see the doctor for him to explain the results. OK. That evening itself, after she called I went out to get the Metformin. (Talking about determination huh?) So, first I went to Guardian and crossed my fingers there is pharmacist available there. They don't even have a "pharmacy" to begin with? Shame on you Guardian! From then on I'm convince Guardian is not the place to get medication. To get toiletries and play stuffs yes, not serious medication no. Then I go to Caring Pharmacy. There, yes. There is full-fledged pharmacy with pharmacist. Awesome! I asked for Metformin XR, the pharmacist asked me 500mg or 850mg. (Wow, he knows his stuffs! haha). He then asked me if I want it in strip, or the whole box. I asked will it be cheaper to buy the one in box. Yes. The I got it at RM44 for 60 tablets, when the price printed is RM58.70. I guess that's how much it would cost if I bought them in strips. No bad huh? This is what the packaging looks like:



So, yesterday's appointment's was set at 1.45pm. Because this consultation session involves Jaffa, so he needs to come along. He went to work really early then take the rest of the day off after the appointment. (yeay!)

Went we're in the doctor's office. Dr. Prashant explained about J's result first. He said his semen analysis result is all good. Like to count should be more than 15million per ml, his is 125 million per ml! Motility should be more than 40%, his is 68%! "Super Spermies!!" I told him. MasyaAllah Alhamdulillah.. :) Here's how the report looks like:




I'm so proud of him. Well, I never doubted his spermies performance because we were pregnant before, but we took the doctor's advise to have him checked as well. Just in case if he has any issues at all, we would tackle the problem together, simultaneously. So yeay! J is soo proud of himself, masyaAllah! He and his Olympic swimmers! :)

Then Dr. Prashant explained my Insulin Test results. My insulin is at 14. Like the clinic assistant mentioned. He was expecting it to be higher like 20 something. But it was at 14. Normal insulin level should be 6'ish, and maximum is 11. So, not too bad la.. So he asked me to take the Metformin XR, 500mg at night. And then I need to go for another Fasting Insulin Blood test within 2 weeks. Ya Allah bagusnye doctor ni. Coz I read so much on the net that ladies was on Metformin 500mg or whatever dose, and then been on it for 6 months or so, then realized it did nothing to help to regulate period and stuffs and then their doctor upped the dose, then to see some improvement. But... after 6 months? or more? But Dr. Prashant feel like I will not go down to within normal range in 2 weeks, and that's why we need to do another blood work and if there is not improvement, we'll increase the dose. OKay! Not complaining! :)

Then he mentioned that the Metformin will not help me to lose weight, it will only stop my weight from continue gaining. I need to lose weight on my own. I need to lose 10 kg. He said I should take more protein and less carbs, go on low-calorie diet. Herbalife is good. He said now my body is sugar-hungry because of the Insulin-resistant. He asked me to read on Atkin's diet and he said I should be able to lose 1kg a week, and by January I'd lost about 7 to 10 kg, with Metformin combination I will be able to get pregnant without any hormone pills. The he touch his wooden table! haha. And I said "Ameen!"

So yeah, such a cool doctor. Although he's kinda cold at first, but generally boleh buat lawak bodoh with him. From my calculation, he is like 53 years old. Pangkat ayah lah kan? But he looks young and stylish, I mean for a doctor with 20 years of experience.. OK laa.. I'll take his word about how to lose weight. 

Now... my weight-loss journey begins! May Allah make it easy, Ameen!

No comments:

Post a Comment